Songbird tagged me. Hmmm, maybe she's trying to tell me something. I haven't posted anything in a long time.
Ten Random Things About Me --
1. I went to a school where they gave demerits for just about everything. To this day I take no pleasure in chewing gum or walking on the grass. Most of my demerits were for being "out of pocket." That's demerit-ese for being somewhere you aren't supposed to be. It's a good thing they don't give demerits to grown-ups.
2. I have three last names. My first name is my mother's maiden name; my middle name is my great - grandmother's; and my last name is mine. Very Southern.
3. I eat peanut butter every day.
4. I grew up in a house just few yards from the waterfront of a busy harbor, but I don't like to swim and I don't know how to sail. I'm taking sailing lessons this spring! I can't wait.
5. I had three babies in four years and my sisters nicknamed me "the planned parenthood poster mother."
6. I like C-Span, or as my children say, "Nerd TV."
7. I was the first girl acolyte in my church, maybe in my diocese. I remember being incensed (wow, that was a Freudian slip) when only the boys in my confirmation class were asked to be acolytes, and insisted I be allowed to attend the training.
8. I have three tiny tattoos, one on each hip and one on the small of my back. I got them when I had radiation after a cancer diagnosis a couple of years ago. When my son got a little tattoo on after his 18th birthday, I told him that I had one first. I have considered adding a few more dots so that I can spell something in Morse code, but I haven't decided what the message should be. (Not S.O.S.)
9. I regularly cook dinner for between 12 and 20 people.
10. I sing in the car, but only when I'm alone, because I have a terrible voice. I know the lyrics of just about every song Diana Ross ever recorded, even though she was way before my time.