Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Party in the House!

The Little Blue State Bar Exam ended today, and tomorrow we celebrate with Garden Girl's law firm. Two hundred people -- lawyers and their spouses and partners -- will converge on our front lawn to eat and drink and dance the night away. The new lawyers will be exhausted and the young lawyers will be glad they already passed the bar and the old lawyers will be grateful the party's at our house and not theirs. We've spent the last few weeks painting, cleaning, re-hanging pictures and re-upholstering the dining room chairs (a DIY by the 18 year old son, thank you very much) and cleaning -- did I mention cleaning? Even the teenagers have spanking clean rooms for the occasion. Garden Girl has worked her magic and every corner of the garden is just beautiful.

We also have new members of the family. Two of our guinea hens have been broody for weeks and we were so worried that they would be disappointed. We were so wrong. Yesterday, Garden Girl got a call from our neighbor, Painter, telling her that there were tiny guinea keets scooting all over the place and to come home quick! Painter and Garden Girl got them safely inside the hen house, far from curious dogs and hungry foxes, and today, a dozen or so little keets are keeping their mamas hopping . So cute!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with your organization and social courage! I worry about having one family to dinner. (Which you may have guessed when we went out instead.)

Diane M. Roth said...

sounds like a fun party! and I too would be nervous to attempt it.

also welcome the new members of your family.

Ruby said...

I am very nervous! I am at work today and all I can think about is that I haven't polished the silver yet. Fortunately, aside from cleaning and gardening, everything else is being taken care of by the caterer. I'll post a follow-up when it's all over.

Barbara B. said...

Wow, sounds like lots of cool stuff happening at your house!

Diane M. Roth said...

I'll be looking for a follow-up!

Law+Gospel said...

Ah, the Bar Exam. Still sends chills down my spine though that was 19 years ago for me. Hope a good time was had by all and that you still have personal sanity.